TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I only have lines on my tv. I just had the cable company…

Customer Question
I only have lines...

I only have lines on my tv. I just had the cable company here and they said it was my tv, not my cable connection. The tv was purchased 2/20/17.

Technician's Assistant: Is there a particular streaming service you're trying to connect to (e.g. Netflix or YouTube)?

I can I can't do anything, I have only lines, and nothing else will show.

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

Yes, the cable company tries everything,

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
1/1/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 7 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Un50J6200AFXZA is the model number
Un50J6200AFXZA is the model number. My other devices are working fine. Tablets and computer.

Do you see the menu screen graphics behind the lines when push menu or home button on the TV remote?