TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My magic remote will not work and I was trying to hard reset…

Customer Question
My magic remote will...

My magic remote will not work and I was trying to hard reset my TV and it will not get me passes step 4 (general terms) I can’t agree to them. Like I said the magic remote is not working and the buttons on side of tv aren’t letting me maneuver like on the other steps

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

Where do I find that? I bought in April 2013

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. What menu options can you access, if any?

It’s stuck on this step 4

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No I just need help getting this working again

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
1/1/2018
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 4 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

There are four conditions that can cause the magic remote not to work:

• Bad batteries.

• An electronic glitch in the remote.

• A defective remote.

• A defective remote sensor on the TV

First, check the batteries:

1) Open the battery compartment on the back of the remote and remove both batteries.

2) Press and hold any button on the remote for 20 Seconds.

3) Release the button and reinsert the batteries properly.

4) If the remote works, there was a glitch in the remote that is now cleared. If the remote does not work, try replacing the batteries in the remote with new batteries.

Please reply back and let me know if that works?

--------------------

Happy New Year!

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating.

Pete.

--------------------

Pete, Electronic Engineer