TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a samsung tv. For two years the AV connection to our…

Customer Question
I have a samsung...

I have a samsung tv. For two years the AV connection to our DVD player worked well. We disconnected the cables. We set up a Wii U using hdmi connection. We have reconnected the av cables. Tv indicates there is no input. When we disconnect av cables that is a grayed out option (can’t be selected on source). So it seems like TV recognizes av cables but still getting no input. We have checked connections many times.

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

No signal -check the cable connections- press source

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

It is connected to power through plug/outlet. It is connected to TV through AV cables (red, white, yellow).There is power to the DVD player.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
1/1/2018
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 1 month ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Can you still see the TV's on-screen menu ok?

Is the Wii U powered on and are the AV cables connected correctly to the Wii U?

Check the cables at both ends, then restart the Wii U and let me know if the AV signal is detected ok by the TV.

--------------------

Happy New Year!

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating.

Pete.

--------------------

Pete, Electronic Engineer