TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Trying to hook up a Vizio Sound Bar to rca tv, 46 inch flat…

Customer Question
Trying to hook up...

Trying to hook up a Vizio Sound Bar to rca tv

Technician's Assistant: What RCA model do you have?

46 inch flat screen

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your RCA system?

Hooking up the SB with the aux cord

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

I have fooled with the tv settings a little

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
1/1/2018
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 3 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...hook up a Vizio Sound Bar to rca tv..."

Great.
No call is necessary

Thank you for your kind understanding of automated-systems / machine-generated followups, ads and offers.

Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model numbers of the "...Vizio Sound Bar...rca tv..."

And to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

...how was the Vizio Sound Bar attempted to be connected to the RCA TV using what kind of cable(s)?

I’m using the AUX hook up
It’s a Vizio sound bar
I know I have the aux cord in the correct holes in the back of the tv
You there

Yes, thanks; still waiting for the information:

• model numbers of both;
  • what connecting cable was used
I am not sure this is going to work.
I would like a refund.

My participation is strictly limited to technical, repair and/or installation issues hence the above information needed to start with.
Request for cancellation, refunds as well as billings & payments concerns are best addressed by Customer Support.

Do you know what the max I will be charged is?
Do I need to give you more information to fix this problem?

Billings & payments care best addressed by Customer Support.

Please contact Customer Service to have this taken cared of prior to any / all other interactions.

As posted above; still waiting for the information:

• model numbers of both;
  • what connecting cable was used
Used and aux cable with only one end going in the sound bar and the end going into the tv are the red and white ends.
SERIAL
number for sound bar is:
SAUOWEBT3602222
Model number for tv is:
LED48G45RQ

Have you ensured that the sound bar is working?

• ...for test purposes, disconnect the red and white ends and lightly touch the tips. Is there any thump/humming/sound from the sound bar speakers?
  • ...are the red and white jacks of the TV labeled AUDIO OUT?
That is the way the tv is labeled

...for test purposes, disconnect the red and white ends and lightly touch the tips. Is there any thump/humming/sound from the sound bar speakers?

I have heard sound come out of the bar but it does not when I do that test
There is a humming sound that comes from the sound bar when I plug the aux cord in the back of the bar but I don’t stick it all the way in.

Ensure that the TV jacks are labeled AUDIO OUT.

Insert all plugs to fully seat these to the jacks.

It’s labeled audio L and R
They are all plugged in all the way

If TV's jacks are not labeled AUDIO OUT, then it would not provide sound to the sound bar.

Are there 3.5mm headphone jacks on the TV?

We got it going.

Great! Good to hear that the issue has been resolved, congratulations.

...and Happy New Year!

Louie, Technician