TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I think my Sony TV has stopped working. I have no picture…

Customer Question
I think my Sony...

I think my Sony TV has stopped working. I have no picture and have talked to Spectrum and all in the cable box is working but no picture on my TV. I want to go to Best Buy to buy a new one but friends have told me I should find out first if it has truly died! I called Sony but they need my model # and year which I cannot give them as it is built in and I have no one to get itt out of the cubby hole it's built into. Can you call me so I know what to do from here? I'm 78 yrs old and can't live without my TV

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Sony TV?

I'm not sure as I can't get into the back of it as it's too heavy for me

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No if there was what should I do I did flip the switches on the box to see if that was the problem but still wouldn't come on

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Would like to know if they can come out or if from the info I gave just buy a new one? If I can get out there to do could they install tomorrow? I tried to buy one online but the wait for it is too long. I also tried calling Best Buy on South coast dr in costa mesa. Was on hold for over an hour so gave up!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
1/1/2018
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 7 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question.

Initially and with the description of "...no picture...":

• is the screen all blue, black or white;
  • is there still sound?