TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Vizio 50" TV, model # M501d-AZR, how do I stream…

Customer Question
I have a Vizio...

I have a Vizio 50" TV, model # M501d-AZR, how do I stream live video to the TV?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your 50?

2.5 years

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes the menu works

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 50? What happened right before this?

Don't know, this is the 1st time I tried streaming

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/31/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What do you mean "live video"- live video from what- a camera? Please define what you mean by live video.

Live video stream from our church, I get it on a computer fine, but not on tv

Thank you. You would need a device like a Chrome Cast to connect to the TV as the TV does not have the ability to stream wirelessly from a computer directly. Chrome Cast can however, and you can mirror what you have on your computer on the TV. I can pull up a link to that device if you'd like.

You can purchase the Chromecast for $35 at the link below:

https://store.google.com/product/chromecast_2015

If you need something sooner than that, then your only choice is to physically connect the computer to the Vizio using an HDMI cable and then change the settings on the computer to "mirror display".

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

What's the model number off the back of the TV?

I'm sorry that was for another question. What I meant to ask was do you need further assistance with this?

I was just following up to see if you needed further help? The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.