TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Ny OLED 55 has a random rolling black outs and occasional…

Customer Question
Ny OLED 55 has...

Ny OLED 55 has a random rolling black outs and occasional white outs. A month after purchase LG had to replace the mother board now the problem is back. What do you think I can do?

Technician's Assistant: What LG model do you have? How old is it?

Modle OLED55C6P. purchased 11/16/2016 the repair work was preformed on 03/16/2017

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Its funny you ask when i use net flicks no problem. I have direct TV and when it happens i rewind and the black out is gone.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your OLED55C6P? What happened right before this?

It's been happing on and off over the last 5 months, but now is happing almost 3 times a minute. Some times it only for a few seconds, other times it last for more than 10 sec.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you for your help

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/31/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

You mentioned something about "rewind and the black out is gone". A rewind feature would be inherent to your DirecTv DVR, and more likely the cause of the issue is with the DirecTv DVR. Do you have any other sources connected to the TV like a DVD/Blu Ray player and do the black/white outs occur with that as well? Let me know.

blue ray, and my Yamaha receiver that drives my home theater system

I'm not available by phone- website sends those offers automatically. So if I have this right- ALL AV sources run through your Yamaha receiver then display on the TV correct? How about if you connect that Blu Ray DIRECTLY to the TV using HDMI- do you still have the blackouts? Try that test and let me know.

Are you able to see my reply and try those steps?

I have a extended warranty I am going to have them Handel it. I have a very sospicated system, and they went through the whole systems and the tv had the issue