TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My tv. Speaks in Japanese when I change volume and channels…

Customer Question
My tv. Speaks in...

My tv. Speaks in Japanese when I change volume and channels how do I make this stop?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Samsung one year old. Not sure of model number?

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes netfex u tube.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

Since I have owned it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

It was a floor model and another email address comes up when I turn on tv.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/31/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 6 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Given teh multiple issues, the best thing to do here is to factory reset the tv,

go into the samsung menu, under Support/diagnostics (help) then look for System and then for Factory Reset.

When it comes back on, it will prompt you through the initial setup, wifi connection, etc.

If it asks for use/location mode, make sure to set it to home (not store/retail demo mode).

This should resolve both the email and sound issues for you, but let me know if you need more help.

Thank you,

I have spectrum cable and it won't take me to menu fot tv.
You have to use the Samsung tv remote for this. Not the spectrum remote.
Sure
I cant get my tv remote to work it goes thru spectrum remote
You must use the tv remote. The spectrum remote is not capable of running the tv menu. If you don’t have the right remote or it isn’t working please give me the full model number of the tv and I’ll find you a replacement remote to buy as that is the only way to fix the issues you are having.
It did not work please dont bill me for this thank you

You've paid the full agreed upon fees to the site already. I have no ability to cancel or refund anything.
If you aren't able to use the right remote, that is really not within my control.

Were you able to try using the samsung remote to access the menu?

Phone call session started