TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

There is sound but no picture. Just that I want to watch the…

Customer Question
There is sound but...

There is sound but no picture.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

No.

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that I want to watch the football game.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/31/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off the back of the TV? Also if you grab the original TV remote and press MENU- does the MENU show up?

Menu does show up. Model D32h-D1

Thank you. That's good news and chances are the cable box simply needs to be rebooted. You get your programs from a Box correct?

Please unplug the Cable/SAT box from power and shut the TV off.

Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable between them on both ends- making sure it is secure.

Plug the Cable/SAT box back into AC and once it's rebooted turn the TV on, and use the INPUT button on the original TV remote to select the correct HDMI Input.

Let me know what happens.

Please note it can take around 5 minutes or so for the box to reboot and for you to get a signal.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Did what you said, still no picture.

Okay so rebooting the box didn't work- it's possible the box is faulty or the HDMI cable is bad. You said the MENU shows up so the TV seems to not be the issue. Do you have another HDMI cable to try? Also, any OTHER devices that are working on the TV using HDMI??

No extra cable. Nothing is plugged into tv but the uverse box.

Okay, well there's no pushbutton fixes- it's either the box or the cable is bad. You can try the reboot of the box again, but beyond that I would suggest going out and replacing the HDMI cable.

Just to make sure, you actually unplugged the power cord from the box- right? Also the Input on the Vizio is set to the correct HDMI (HDMI 1 or 2 respectively)? Alternatively, try connecting to another HDMI port on the TV as well.

I unplugged the power cord. I will call AT&T. Maybe they can help. Goodbye.

ATT is going to have you try the same things. Try another HDMI port on the TV please.

Also, the site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.

There is no other port on the tv.

Yes there is. The TV has three HDMI ports. Look on the back of the set and the side.

There's two on the left hand side of the TV and one on the back.

the cord we have only fits in the back round one.

That makes no sense. All HDMI ports are the same. Good luck.