TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a samsung series 5 Smart TV. I disconnect all cable…

Customer Question
I have a samsung...

I have a samsung series 5 Smart TV. I disconnect all cable and wifi for the winter months with Comcast. But I thought I could still get broadcast network tv, ie. NBC, CBS, etc. But can't seem to do it. How do i do it?

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to CBS?

Checking exact language now. Even when it is sourced TV and not HDMI, I get "weak or no cable connection...run auto program..menu and broadcasting. But when I do that and set up antenna for air instead of cable still can't get network tv

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

At my request, Comcast has turned off both wifi and cable for the next 5 months . Is it just that a smart tv cannot run regular networks when both wifi and cable are turned off.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No that's it...just want to see if i can get broadcast tv on my Samsung smart tiv if I don't have cable or wifi connection. Thanks.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/31/2017
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

No. You took too long