TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The power goes off then comes back on. It is a 40 inch smart…

Customer Question
The power goes off...

The power goes off then comes back on

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

It is a 40 inch smart tv. Less than a year old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I only notice the problem on HDMI 1 where we have cable connected. It is what we use most.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

It has been an issue for about a month. It is on a surge protector but there have been power outages from storms.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Thats it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/31/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 6 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?

Model un43j5200afxza

Thanks, ***** ***** clarify, picture and sound go out when watch cable channels on the TV, is this correct?

The tv turns off completely then turns on again

OK, lets try the following step that might help...

- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

I will try this later. Thank you. I am done.

Much welcome, if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

If problem still persists, please reply back to continue troubleshooting

Thanks