TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a SONY Trinitron 26" TV with a remote. How do I

Customer Question
I have a SONY...

I have a SONY Trinitron 26" TV with a remote. How do I cancel the closed captioning?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

SONY TRinitron 26", Model KN27FS100L. 6-8 yrs (?) old . Apology for the wait. Had to rotate the TV.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

All buttons work. Closed captioning all the time, except for some TV advertisements.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your KN27FS100L? What happened right before this?

It has been "on" for some weeks. It disappeared once, early on, then came back. Must have been some sequence of buttons I pushed. Would like a "shortcut" to deleting it. Thanks.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No, except that the "guide" results in multi-colored, rather dim channel information. Brighter, black and white channel information would be greatly welcomed.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/31/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Who is your cable provider and are you using a box outfitted by the cable company to receive channels on this TV?

If you're using any sort of a cable box- then the CC function is always accessed WITHIN the box (not on the TV). So if you can provide that info I requested, then I can help.

Simply send a reply back if you need help here.

Comcast. box is provided. Isn't there a button or two to push on the remote to get CC? You'd think that would be a feature on the remote, and, thus, could be cancelled the same way.

Well give me some more details on the box and I can help you? What is the MODEL of the Comcast box? It's written right on the front of rear of the box.

Can you provide any info on the box so I can tell you where those settings are located?

No, a written reply would suffice. The box: Model PR150BNC. Also, something reads, "CC MAC 44 EO 8E AO 29 CA. Does this pertain to closed captioning?

I'm not sending that phone call offer- the website does it without my consent and I am unavailable by phone. Give me a minute to look up your box.

Please see the link below and find the steps that fit the box you're using:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Non-X1-Service/How-do-I-turn-on-off-closed-captioning/td-p/1325597

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?