TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have just bought a 55UJ51V tv, but am having problems

Customer Question
I have just bought...

I have just bought a 55UJ51V tv, but am having problems connecting the audio pit to my hi-fi

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your 55UJ51V connected tightly to the right sockets?

Audio out (phono) yes.

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

Just creates a mains hum.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

There appears to be no headphone socket

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/31/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The RCA red and white jacks on this TV are not audio out- which is why you get the hum. They are Inputs. The TV uses a digital audio out only, and if your Hi Fi uses only analog jacks, then a converter is needed. I am pulling up info for that now.

You will need the converter at the link below to connect between the TV and your Hi Fi. Connect the TV's digital audio out to the converter, and then use the RCA red and white to connect to the audio system/Hi Fi:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-Optical-Coaxial-Toslink-Converter-2-1-CH-DAC-UK-Plug-Adapter/dp/B009ZR7IB8

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?