TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a question as to how I can get my Samsung smart tv to…

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question as to how I can get my Samsung smart tv to let me pick up Netflix. We can get it through my computer, my iPhone and my iPad. I don’t know if there is some setting I’m not going to or something else I need to do. The tv is model code UN 46D6400UFXZA and serial # 23453CAB9X2932T, version # H302. How do I get it to bring in the Netflix app.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to Netflix?

No error messages, I just can’t find any way to get to the app.

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

Yes, I have done all the troubleshooting ideas that I know how to do. Why can I get Netflix on my iPhone, iPad, and my computer?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of at the moment, thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/31/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

It is imperative that you reply back to me here, on your original question only, please.

Posting new/duplicate questions costs you more and hinders our ability to reply. You have opened 4 duplicate questions, which is why you were getting charged more each time. I've let customer service know to take care of those for you.

In the meantime, yes your tv is a smart model, but you should be aware up front that due to the age, as a 2011 model, this tv has not been supported for many years and because of that the software on it is very out of date and most of the apps on it no longer work at all. You may be able to get netflix, but nothing else like pandora, amazon, or youtube works on these older models anymore as the marketing agreements for them have ended and there are no software updates for them anymore.

What you'll need to do for netflix is to have a wired (ethernet) connection from the tv to your router. This model does not support wifi.

With that connected, you can go into the samsung smarthub section of the menu to load netflix.

If ethernet is not available because the router is not near the tv, an alternative that I'd recommend, and would recommend anyway given the other limitations of this set, would be to connect an external streaming device to the tv such as a roku or fire tv and get all the same functions and many more, with better performance and long term support.

Best regards,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.