TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

No Signal” response for anything hooked to the HDMI

No Signal” response for...

No Signal” response for anything hooked to the HDMI connectors. A coaxial antenna allows local tv & The Ethernet allows Netflix. No Roku. No Blu-Ray.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to Netflix?

No.

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

The TV’s Netflix is connected to a wireless modem. No problem there. Anything connected to an HDMI outlet provides a “no signal” sign.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That should do it.

12/31/2017
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off the back of your TV? And how old is it?

XVT553SV. Roughly 5 years old

Thank you. Did the HDMI ports fail suddenly, and also have you tried more than one HDMI cable from each device to the TV (assuming you do no switch the cable for each device)?

A sudden failure. I tried different connections. I tried a side HDMI port. “No Signal.”

Okay, this isn't uncommon and generally means the HDMI processing has failed altogether (and the Mainboard needs to be replaced).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up and the HDMI ports function normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

No Signal.
I tried disconnecting once before.

Okay, that's all that can be done on a user level. Give me a minute to type this up

Unfortunately this indicates the set's Mainboard has failed and needs to be replaced. This is a "plug and play" part- meaning no soldering or special tools are needed to replace it. Only a screwdriver and about a half hour of your time. That board is out of stock from all retailers, and the only self-repair solution is to send the board out to be rebuilt, and then sent back to you:

http://www.coppelltvrepair.com/p/1355/repair-service-for-3655-0122-0150-main-board-for-vizio-xvt553sv-smart-led-tv-totally-dead-blinking-endlessly-or-otherwise-failing-to-start

Alternatively, if you're not comfortable with this type of work, then at a shop this is $250-$275 parts and labor, which is typically not cost effective as a brand new 46" LED Smart TV starts at around the same cost. However if you'd like to inquire on repairs, or seek a 2nd opinion, you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area if you'd like:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Aric, Technician