TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have an LG TV model #55LF6000. Have had it about 2 years.

Customer Question
I have an LG...

I have an LG TV model #55LF6000. Have had it about 2 years. The picture is flashing and won't stop. I've tried turning off and unplugging but to no avail. Is the picture board going out?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your #55LF6000?

About 2 years.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes. The functions work, but the picture won't quit flashing.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your #55LF6000? What happened right before this?

It just started about 30 minutes ago. The TV was turned off accidentally and when it was turned back on it started flashing. Called the cable company and the cable box is working fine.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/31/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 6 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this

Can you see the picture enough to go into the tv`s menu ?

When I go into the menu, it flashes for half a second, so it's hard to read.

As a test if you could manage to press SETTINGS on the remote then PICTURE >>>Picture Mode >>>Backlight and try to play with it to see if the backlight adjust would change anything in the blinking rate or even stop it

Are you still there?

Yes , i need time between replies , i`m looking for fixes and also have to type

Can you see what i typed above ?

I am trying the settings
that did not help.
It's still blinking on and off and I can barely read the settings.
Do you have any other suggestions?

No other suggestions beside a repair

Did you have in mind to look into repairing this yourself or simply would like to have an idea of what is involved and the costs of repair ?

No thanks. Not the help I needed.

Well, you got a broken tv , what help do you want ???

If that's the answer to my question, then I guess you didn't help, did you?

Good luck then

TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Hi Harry,I have not solved the problem. Jack couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. Just said the TV was broken. Do you have any info that will help?

Yes, I have read the previous chat.

Unfortunately, Jack was correct and the TV needs to be repaired. What is your zip code and I can look up someone in your area?

Thanks but no thanks. It will probably cost more than it's worth, so if it has to have a repair, will just get a new one.

Yes, I understand and that is what I would recommend as well.