TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I can not conect my Cablevision remote to work my Vizio 55"

Customer Question
I can not conect...

I can not conect my Cablevision remote to work my Vizio 55" TV

Technician's Assistant: Are there buttons on the side, bottom, or back of your 55?

Buttons are on the side and working

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

Everything appears to work except turning TV on&off. Exit doesn't work either

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I tried calling Cablevision and they couldn't help me. We ran through teir codes for Vizio no good

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
None of my remotes activate TV-- Netflix, DVR
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/31/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

I will caution you up front that this is not likely to work. The lower quality brands like vizio are rarely compatible with cable remotes.

But, if you can tell me the model number of the tv, and how many digits your cable remote needs (3,4,5) then I can tell you what the correct code is to try.

No longer need help fixed it myself
Thanks