TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a vizio 50 lcd tv model d500i-b1 that has problems…

Customer Question
i have a vizio 50...
i have a vizio 50 lcd tv model d500i-b1 that has problems powering on at times ,sometimes it will not power on, after waiting it powers on
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 6 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

When it will not power-on what is the situation with the VIZIO light in the front of the set?what color is it please

Not on

This is either a problem with the power-board or the mainboard what needs to be done is the power-board needs to be examined visually first then we move on from there once we know the condition of it,it may be that a board may need to be replaced is this something you think you can do yourself?I will provide all necessary info let me know

Anthony

Visually the power board looks ok

Did you check all the elco capacitors on the board for leaking \ballooning\raised domed tops?if you do not know what these are let me know

Do you need any help with this please??

THIS IS STILL A PROBLEM , THERE IS A LIGHT AT THE BOTTOM LEFT CORNER, WHEN YOU TRY TO TURN THE TV ON THE LIGHT WILL COME ON BRIGHT AND THEN SLOWLY DIM UNTIL IT GOES OFF, TV NEVER COMES ON , THE POWER BOARD TESTED OUT TO BE GOOD
THE LIGHT COLOR IS WHITE OR CLEAR

So you checked the capacitors ,vizios have plenty trouble with their main-boards so its likely this will need to be replaced so what you are saying is the Vizio light is white (normally ON)and it dims but does not go yellow is that correct?

THAT IS CORRECT

Is there sound during the time its OFF?if no sound no pic and you press the menu button of the sets OWN REMOTE DOES THE MENU COME UP?

no , nothing works at all

Can you replace the main-board yourself?I will provide more info,cost of board if available about $100

I will try that

OK what you need to do is get the back off the set you will see the mainboard its the one with all the AV input connections attached like hdmi ,you need to retrieve the partnumber for this board found on a stickylabel or etched on the board and with this try www.shopjimmy.com if they do not have it google the part-number for suppliers

Let me know if you need more help

A positive rating at this point is welcome 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

replaced the main board , had previously replaced power board still have the same problem that i listed above
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 6 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Different technician here. It looks like Anthony had to step out. I'm Dan, and I'd be happy to help from here! Do you still need help with the Vizio? If so, I need to know the part number of the power supply that is currently installed. Thanks!

Vizio ADTVD3613XA7 Power Supply

When was this replaced?

2 days ago
2 Days ago

Thank you.

The original power supply for this model is the XA6, and not the XA7. What was the part number on the original board?

Yes, that's the XA6! The board you installed is not the correct one, as the XA7 is not a suitable substitute. You should return the board you purchased, and then locate one of these:

ADTVD3613XA5

ADTVE3613XA6

I really hope that answers your question! Let me know if you need anything else. Oh, and please take a second to rate the service I provided (there should be a 5-star scale on your page somewhere). Don't worry, that won't close your question and you can still respond back at any time.