TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Will not turn on no picture no sound model 1080 roku #

Customer Question
Will not turn on...

Will not turn on no picture no sound model 1080 roku # LE55A6R9A was purchased on sept 11 2015

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Power strip that should be surge protector

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes unpluged the tv held down the power button for 30 seconds pluged back in and used the power button to turn it on nothing

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/30/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 6 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this

Send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

Please reply to me here and do not open other posts ?

Hello

Hi

What is the tv doing now if anything ?
Is there a light or blinking light at the front and/or clicking sound from inside when you plug the power cord again and try to turn it on ?
Or completely dead no activity whatsoever ?

The red light is on no activity prriod

OK then you have a red light

Does it do anything when you press the power button ?

Blue light comes on nothing else

OK then it acts as if it was coming on but no picture

At first , did you still have sound when this happened ?

No sound no picture nothing

OK but did you lose both sound and picture at the same time ?

OK then just one more question

If you turn the tv off and back on again do you get a brief flash of light or perhaps the company logo on the screen before it goes dark ?

No nothing

OK then let me type this down

Thanks for waiting

Right now i`m quite sure you have a very common problem for this model , namely defective LED strips , i did 4 hitachi this week with the same model number and they all have that problem although normally the sound will still be there

This could mean your tv is either on the wrong input or your cable box is not on

Those LED`s are supposed to last a zillion hours but they do not , they are failing all over the place and not only in LG

Here is a link to give you an idea what is needed ;

http://www.shopjimmy.com/hitachi-lb55061-replacement-led-strips-12-strips.htm

There is also a video on that page that shows you how its done so before you order anything watch it

Another possibility although a long shot would be the main board or power supply that you can get as a kit for $85 here ; http://www.shopjimmy.com/hitachi-le55a6r9-complete-tv-repair-kit-version-1.htm

But again that is a long shot , i would definitely be looking at the LED strips first and again watch that video

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around .

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post while it gets me paid for my time helping you .