TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My 50" insignia will power up bu t screen is black can't get…

Customer Question
My 50" insignia will...

My 50" insignia will power up bu t screen is black can't get it to go to my input

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Insignia TV?

I have hdmi plug for Amazon fire box and Roku box and my regular cable tv

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

I wasn't home so I don't know but tv was off

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No just trying to get a picture and sound

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 7 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Let me know when you are ready

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on. Try the button on the tv not just remotes.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

Ok doing it right now

ok

Just did it waiting 3 minutes

ok

Tv came on by hitting button on tv but screen still black can’t get to my hdmi to pick which one I want to look at . Screen is bkack

Are you able to get the model number off the back of the tv? If not:
-when did you buy the tv?
-is it LED or LCD or Plasma or?

Led bought it 2 years ago this febrary

Some Insignia tv's come with a 2 year warranty. If it's not covered maybe you have an extended service contract...

I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here (previous electronics experience is required on your part). Otherwise you will need to use local repair shop. In home repairs start at $250 on this model and most shops charge just for diagnosis. So you may want to compare that to prices of new 50" tv's.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

Forget it I’ll figure out something

Sure