TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Samsung UN55D7000 TV from 2011. Just bought a

Customer Question
I have a Samsung...

I have a Samsung UN55D7000 TV from 2011. Just bought a Samsung HW-MS650 soundbar. NOW, I am researching the problems with it. I cannot get more volume out of the sound bar than I get out of the TV

Technician's Assistant: What is your speaker connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?

I spent all day yesterday getting sound out of it, so I think everything is connected correctly, but when I turn it up to 100%, it is not high volume.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?

When I pair with my telephone on BT, I get high volume. Searching on line, I find this is a common problem stemming from the fact that Samsung TVs don't have "variable" volume, but rather "fixed" volume. I am reading where I need a conversion device. Just though I would ask what kind

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/30/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 6 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you tell me how you've connected the soundbar currently to the tv (hdmi, red/white, optical, etc)?

Hi Nathan. I have a cable box. Coax comes into the cable box, and HDMI comes out to the back of the TV.
TV has an HDMI (ARC) output. that is connected to the soundbar.
Oh, and these HDMI cables are both "ARC" cables and they are both new.
Thanks. While arc may seem like the best option here it really is not. You gain control with the tv remote but also get these volume limitations. I would suggest removing the hdmi from the sound bar and using the optical (fiber optic) digital audio out port instead. This will give you a full digital audio signal with no control or limit so you can get the sound bar as loud as you want.
I will try it again now, but that didn't work yesterday.
I have sound, but there is no change in volume. It is turned up to 100% and is still no louder than the wimpy TV speakers.
are you still there?

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

Did you actually disconnect the hdmi cable between the soundbar and the tv?

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

You bailed on me so I moved on
I will protest the charges

I did not "bail" on you, I was waiting for a response to the information I requested.

Perhaps
But you refused to respond to me

If you say so.

Have a nice day.