TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

MY LG TV, WHEN I TUN IT ON IT GOES ON AN OFF EVERY TIME, IT…

Customer Question
MY LG TV, WHEN...

MY LG TV, WHEN I TUN IT ON IT GOES ON AN OFF EVERY TIME, IT WAS FINE LAST NIGHT, COLOR GOOD AND ALL, THIS MORNIG WENT TO TURN AND IT CLICKS ON AND OFF REPEATEDLY, HELP

Technician's Assistant: What LG model do you have? How old is it?

I DON'T KNOW THE MODEL I HAVE HAD IT ABOUT SEVEN YEARS

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

NO ONLY ON THIS INCH TV

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your LG? What happened right before this?

IT WAS FIND LAST NIGHT< IT WORKED GREAT. TURN OFF FIND, WHEN I WENT TO TURN IT ON TODAY IT CLICKED ON THEN O

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

NO THAT IS ALL

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 6 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.

A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;
Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

the model numberi 50PJ350-UB

Did this problem happen all of sudden or gradually got worse over the last few days/weeks ?
Like it would take longer than usual or repeated attempts before it would turn on ?

no it just happEN TODAY

So right now it just keeps cycling on/off ?

Does the screen light up ?

By the way
If you received a $26 phone offer or any offers they are automated by the website ,NOT BY ME , I`m an independent tech. and have no control over those, they are optional and you can just ignore them if you don`t want it , or use it if you`d rather do it on the phone .

NO I DON'T WANT IT FOR 26.00

Thats what i said above , ignore it then

I FOUND SOME OTHER INFO IT IS A PLASMA LG 55 INCH I BROUGHT IT IN MARCH 2010

Yes i already have all that along with a parts list

Does the screen light up at all ?

NO

OK but you said that it cycles on/off ?

YOU SEE THE LIGHT AND THEN FIGHT BACK OFF, IF I DO NOT TURN IT OFF IT WLL KEEP CLICKING ON AND OFF

OK then right now i can tell you that unless you were to look into this yourself then i would recommend going shopping

A in home repair could cost you some $300 and you can get a new 50" with all the bells and whistles for around or less than $400 now

If you want to look into this yourself then once you have the back cover remove i will have you try a few troubleshooting procedures , let me know

i SEE ON MY ACCOUNT THAT IT IS 33.00 PLUS ANOTHER 5.00 IS THIS THE CHARG FOR THIS INFO

Sorry but I am not privy to any of the money matters or subscription or trials etc. etc. not an employee here but an independent tech. that gets paid by this website once you rate me for my help .

Please use this link or phone number for these questions, i have absolutely nothing to do with billing here;
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help 1.***-***-****