TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

New Tv, old mind (sorry). KD-49x720e. Bravia. Trying to

Customer Question
New Tv, old mind...

New Tv, old mind (sorry).

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

KD-49x720e. Bravia

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Trying to connect the wifi, requesting the WPA address. Have tried the password ***** success. What do I need to input?

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been an issue with your Bravia? What happened right before this?

Just doing the set-up. Was about the first thing up.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/30/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 6 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Do you know your wifi network name? Wifi password?

The TV recognizes the network but will not accept the password ***** the WPA address.

The wpa address would not be appropriate for use as a password, and it is unlikely, unless your router is 10+ years old, that it is using wpa anyway.

Try looking on your router for a passcode/passphrase on a sticker on the back/bottom and type that in to see if the tv can connect from that.

No passcode/passphrase but the following: SN, CMAC & WAN MAC

What about a PIN or password *****?

Found the PIN, will give it a try.

Thanks

Waiting on your call.
After entering the passcode the TV attempts to locate the network (it recognizes it, i selected it off the list), but it will not connect.

Thank you for trying,

unfortunately a call wouldn't be of much benefit at this point as really the only reason it wouldn't work is if the router is either too far away, or you are not using the correct password.

Try unplugging power to both the tv and the router for 5 minutes,

replug both, then try to connect again. If still no change, you'd either have to fully reset the router back to the factory defaults, or you would need to access the router admin configuration and set a new password ***** you can use that with the tv.

Thanks. All try.

You're very welcome

TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 5 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?