TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We are a Samsung house. I just bought a Samsung 43" tv 6…

Customer Question
Hi, we...

Hi, we are a Samsung house. I just bought a Samsung 43" tv 6 series, model UN43MU6300. I cant adjust the screen size. I have to go into custom and cant figure out how to adjust the screen size. TV is cutting off heads or not showing writing on bottom. Commercials do not fill out the screen, some do, others dont. Tried to watch HBO thorough Prime, picture doesnt fill up screen. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your 43?

HDMI is plugged in, thats it

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No. had this problem since purchase

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/30/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 7 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this

Send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

How do you receive your tv channels , antenna ,straight cable ,cable with cable box and cable remote or satellite box ?

cable box

OK then there are two ways of adjusting the picture size

Let me type this down

Most often this is caused by the cable box and depending on your box or cable supplier the method may vary but first look on the cable box remote for a button that may be called something like ; zoom, size, format, aspect , HDzoom etc. , often has a pound (#) symbol on it or a star and sits below the digits 7 or 9 , try to press that button repeatedly to toggle between the different aspect ratio`s.
If that doesn`t correct it then press the HOME button on the tv`s remote and then go to Settings (gear icon)>> Picture >>>Picture Size Settings and set it to Fit to Screen
Between the 2 remotes (tv and cable box)you should be able to find the correct aspect ratio /format.

If you cannot find that button on the remote then this will be in the cable box menu , let me know

Let me know how that goes and PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE my answer positively (use the stars at the top of your page and SUBMIT to rate) if that answers your question / does the trick as it is the only way i get paid for helping you