TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My led tv have no image but I have sound .I unplug my tv for…

Customer Question
My led tv have...

My led tv have no image but I have sound .I unplug my tv for 5min and still have no image my light is green on my tv

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Sony bravia 46 inch

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I dont see anything my tv respond but no image just sound

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Bravia? What happened right before this?

I was watching Netflix on my ps3 then i think i press pic off by accident

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

The light flash green everytimre i press my button

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
12/30/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 5 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

If you press the menu button of the sets OWN remote control does the menu come (during the fault condition)

Anthony

no

OK when its black can you see any feint light at all on the display ?

i can see the tv turn on but no sony symbol then i press pic off then tv turn black i press again the i see the lamp on but no image

So no menu from tv itself but you can see feint light, OK please begin by rebooting unplug box and TV from wallpower wait 5 mins replug back in again let me know if there is any change

ok i will unplug for 5 min

OK that is the cable box AND the TV both from wallpower thanks

my remote number is *****
my tv do the same i can see the tv is black with the led on with sound but no image

Can you get me the model number found on the back of the set and let me know the sets age please?

2 -3 years kdl-46r450a
i very take care of my stuff

Let me explain the sets OWN menu comes out of a chip in the set itself if that is not being displayed then anything you think you may have done is eliminated the set DOES have a problem which could be back-lights OR a bad t-con board ,are you looking to carry out work yourself on the set?

my green light on the left back corner is flickering when I'm using remote no red
what my next step?

Yes it will do that,its normal but it will not bring the picture back I am afraid,there is a problem that I have highlighted above,if this is something you think you can do yourself I will help (assuming its not a backlighting issue)

Now you did say you seen feint light when pressing the back-light on\off button so I am believing this to be a failed t-con board

Cost of this board will be around $80

Otherwise you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area

I am sorry this is not something easier