TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a digital wireless headphones with docking station…

Customer Question
I have a digital...

I have a digital wireless headphones with docking station and needs a digital converter. Worked fine until The digital converter started clicking only stopped when I unplugged it. Someone had played with Panasonic menu buttons and the converter says TV output set to PCM form. How?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

4 [email protected] Pansonic TC-P46ST30

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu works - where can I verify TV audio out is PCM

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/30/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you tell me the model of the converter?

I'm assuming you are using an optical to stereo type converter, and yes virtually all of those require a pcm format to work.

If you go into the panasonic menu, under audio (sound) you should then see output format, and have the option to choose pcm/stereo, or dolby/auto. You want to pick the pcm (also known as stereo, or bitstream, or 2 channel).

Let me know if that works for you.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.