TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Last night I was in the settings on my tv trying to adjust…

Customer Question
Last night I was...

Last night I was in the settings on my tv trying to adjust the picture and I accidently ended up in the channel settings. Now my tv won't go back to cable. It keeps wanting me to do a channel auto tune but then tells me I have no channels. I doesn't seem to recognize that the Verizon FIOs box is there and connected. It doesn't seem to matter what channel it is on. When I bought the tv about two years ago I took it out of the box and plugged in the cable and it was fine. Now all I get is snow.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

About two years. 24LF452B

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I can go into settings and things like that. The only input I have is the cable box. No setting I try works though

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

It was last night. I was in the settings menu trying to adjust the picture. Somehow I ended up on the channel setting my mistake. It started doing an auto tune and then told me I didn't have any channels because I don't have an antenna.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
12/30/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 month ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this

Send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hello

Hi

Look on the tv`s remote for the INPUT button then press it repeatedly to go through the various inputs until you get to your cable/satellite box or select that input from the input list once opened if you know which one it is , typically HDMI 1 for example.

Let me know how that goes and PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE my answer positively (use the stars at the top of your page and SUBMIT to rate) if that answers your question / does the trick as it is the only way i get paid for helping you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tried that. it didn't work. I thought I was talking to my tv manufacturer's free technical help and now I am paying for advice that I tried myself last night. Great

you never mentioned it and if your tv is asking for a channel scan then its not on the correct input

Goodbye

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm out of here. This feels like a scam
Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician