TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I'm trying to connect my blu ray dvd player and the tv isn't…

Customer Question
I'm trying to connect...

I'm trying to connect my blu ray dvd player and the tv isn't recognizing the player. I've plugged it into both the hdmi3 and hdmi1 portal. neither works.

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

It says the sources not connected. the cable tv stays on underneath the announcement box.

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

To the tv

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/30/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the brand and model of the Blu Ray player?

What's the model number off the back of the TV?

blu ray is samsung
samsung tv model un50h6350af

I'm not available by phone, the website sends those offers without my consent. Now, is anything else connected to the TV via HDMI that IS working?

The cable box

Okay as a quick test, shut the TV off and pull the end of the HI cable out of the cable box- and plug it right into the Blu Ray player. Turn the TV on and select that Input. Turn the Blu Ray player on (if it's not on already) and let me know what happens.

Were you able to get the Blu Ray to display that way?

I’m nervous about doing this. I think I’ll wait until someone else is here. If that does work, what next?

If that works then it simply mean you need to replace the Blu Ray HDMI cable. If it doesn't work then it means the issue is a faulty player and it should be replaced/exchanged.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?