TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Need to update browser, Samsung Smart TV, model UN60F6300, 4…

Customer Question
Need to update browser ...

Need to update browser

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Samsung Smart TV

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Model UN60F6300

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your UN60F6300? What happened right before this?

4 months

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/30/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

The web browser on your Samsung Smart TV is updated automatically over the air when new updates are available.

Just ensure it is left in standby mode overnight to receive the updates.

--------------------

Happy New Year!

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)

You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.

Pete.

--------------------

Updates are automatic and we are up to date. Our Google browser no longer works.

In that case it may have got corrupted.

You will need to try a factory reset of the TV.

How do you do that can you call us please
Where did go!!!!? Are you still there

I am typing;....

I can call you, however i see the additional payment for the call has not fully gone through.

Try the following to reset the TV:

1. Before beginning, it's very important to make sure that your TV is OFF.
2. Take your Smart Remote in hand and simultaneously press Info + Menu + Mute + Power.
3. Next, enter the following sequence into your remote: Mute > 1 > 8 > 2 > Power.
4. Your television will boot up in service mode. Using your remote, go to Options > Factory Reset.
5. Your television will now turn off. Simply turn your device back on to proceed with the setup.

Reply back and let me know if that works?

--------------------

Happy New Year!

Pete.

--------------------

Resetting
Security key?

If it is looking for the wireless security key then that is the password ***** your wifi network...

Found it

Ok, let me know how you get on...

We now have Bing as a web browser
Says our web browser is no longer supported
Unable to download Chrome

Can you add Google Chrome again from the app store?

How do we do that?
Went to Samsung apps. Did not work

After the reset, the TV will need to update again.

This will happen overnight, so you can try again tomorrow.

Let me know how you get on.

Ok

Looking forward to hearing from you then :)

We are unable to get into apps like before

Please allow 24 hours for the TV to update.

We are still unable to livestream from our Smart TV

What version of software is currently installed?

T-MST12AKUC-2225.0

Ok, so the latest version of software is installed (2225.0).

Are you still getting an error when you try to use the stock browser?

We have Google. I think that is what you are asking. We are trying to livestream and get an error message. States our web browser not supported

Ok, so the problem is only when you try to access Livestream?

Does your browser work when you try to access all other websites?

Ok, so originally you said "Our Google browser no longer works" - does it work now for all sites except Livestream?

This is correct. Only unable two livestream
To livestream

Ok, so the problem is that Livestream will not run on this TV, even though you are using the latest version of firmware.

It may be possible to get it to work, but it would require a lot of hacking and programming.

Here is one guy who got it to work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwB_KrlXIQc

Our church has livestream church on Sunday we were able to watch previously and now it has the message our browser needs updated. We have sports channels, we do not need to hack into these

Ok, that is a different type of "livestream" then!

How do you normally view the church's live stream? What app do you use, etc?

The church has an app. We are able to get app, City Church Bloomington Indiana. All of app able to view except we get error message when we try to livestream

If the app is not compatible with your TV then you could use it on another device, e.g. a tablet or smartphone, and view that device on your TV instead.

--------------------

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating.

Pete.

--------------------

We were able to livestream for several months until just recently. Now we get error message
Unless you can call us, no further communication is necessary. We will rate appropriately

Phone calls are an additional service, if you wish to request one.