TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The tv will not turn on with remote or manually. Yes, We…

Customer Question
The tv will not...

The tv will not turn on with remote or manually.

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

We will try that. We did do that for 30 seconds or so.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

We are trying the unplug for a minuet or two. If it does not work do you have any other suggestions?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 6 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.

A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;
Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

42 HD’s 69. V6k061449

Hitachi 42HDS69 ?

Thats a very old plasma (2006) tv

Did this problem happen all of sudden or gradually got worse over the last few days/weeks ?
Like it would take longer than usual or repeated attempts before it would turn on ?

It happened all of a sudden.

What is the tv doing now if anything ?
Is there a light or blinking light at the front and/or clicking sound from inside when you plug the power cord again and try to turn it on ?
Or completely dead no activity whatsoever ?

By the way
If you received a $26 phone offer or any offers they are automated by the website ,NOT BY ME , I`m an independent tech. and have no control over those, they are optional and you can just ignore them if you don`t want it , or use it if you`d rather do it on the phone .

The tv is now on and working. I have already payed 26 dollars on my credit card. Was this the wrong thing to do?
I have a flip phone so I can not read any response on the phone unless it is a total text.

You did not pay anything it was a deposit

You can get it refunded here 1.***-***-****

Or wait to see if it will act up again

It is a plasma tv. Never had an issue. Could it be on its way out?
It is about 12 years old.

Its not getting any younger and you have to prepare for its demise

I would start to shop if you don`t want to be caught without a tv one evening !