TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

The tv will not turn on with remote or manually. Yes, We…

Customer Question
The tv will not...

The tv will not turn on with remote or manually.

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

We will try that. We did do that for 30 seconds or so.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

We are trying the unplug for a minuet or two. If it does not work do you have any other suggestions?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 month ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.

A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;
Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
42 HD’s 69. V6k061449

Hitachi 42HDS69 ?

Thats a very old plasma (2006) tv

Did this problem happen all of sudden or gradually got worse over the last few days/weeks ?
Like it would take longer than usual or repeated attempts before it would turn on ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It happened all of a sudden.

What is the tv doing now if anything ?
Is there a light or blinking light at the front and/or clicking sound from inside when you plug the power cord again and try to turn it on ?
Or completely dead no activity whatsoever ?

By the way
If you received a $26 phone offer or any offers they are automated by the website ,NOT BY ME , I`m an independent tech. and have no control over those, they are optional and you can just ignore them if you don`t want it , or use it if you`d rather do it on the phone .

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The tv is now on and working. I have already payed 26 dollars on my credit card. Was this the wrong thing to do?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have a flip phone so I can not read any response on the phone unless it is a total text.

You did not pay anything it was a deposit

You can get it refunded here 1.***-***-****

Or wait to see if it will act up again

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is a plasma tv. Never had an issue. Could it be on its way out?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is about 12 years old.

Its not getting any younger and you have to prepare for its demise

I would start to shop if you don`t want to be caught without a tv one evening !

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician