TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have An older RCA TV, model F27242GY. We want to go into…

Customer Question
We have An older...

We have An older RCA TV, model F27242GY. We want to go into settings to make a change but settings is asking for a password ***** we have no clue what it is. Any idea?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your F27242GY?

It is at least 20 years old, plus - it is my elderly mothers

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I have only tried menu/settings and then it prompts for password

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your F27242GY? What happened right before this?

I doubt if my mother ever changed the settings . Now she wants to turn on the closed caption and I can't get in

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope- just need a password

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/30/2017
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I do
I cannot afford any more charges so please see if you can
provide the password ***** a phone call - thank you

Try using all 0s

Harry- I already tried this. It is a 9 character field and I tried that and all1's as well
Anyway to reset?

Unfortunately, I am not able to locate any steps to perform a reset on that passcode.

Thank you - since you are not able to help me, I shkould only have to pay the initial $5- please credit the $23 back to my account. thank you