TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My sounnd bar requires audio pcm setting ,how do I set that,

Customer Question
My sounnd bar requires...

My sounnd bar requires audio pcm setting ,how do I set that

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

Lg

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your LG system?

My sound bar want a digital output cable it supplied. My tv is 2008 and has digital output that looks like an rca connection. So using an adapter to connect

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

No the adapter wants a pcm setting on the tv before it works

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/29/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 7 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this

Send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

hello
I have a sanyo 50 in plasma flat screen model #DP50719. I got an lg sound bar. but the digital audio plug on the tv is an rca instead of the plastic odd shaped on . I bought an adapter from Best buy . It is hooked up but won't work right on the adapter it says must be a "setting of PCM". I don't know what that is or how to set it on my tv Can you help

Hi

Do you have a cable or satellite box in this equation ?

no,, just getting the audio from the tv to the lg sound bar

got anything else like a dvd player ?

no just get the audio from the tv to the sound bar

What i`m getting at is why do you connect to the tv instead of the cable box ?

You have a cable box ?

the cable should connect from the tv panel to the sound bar adapter. but what is pcm and how to set it
no cable box involved, just the tv

PCM is 2 channels audio and is a cop outwhen equipment can`t deal with dolby digital sound or when

OK the lets resume

still don't know how to set the audio to "pcm"

You are getting sound straight out of the tv right now ??

Antenna or cable tv?

the tv is on a cable service , but the sound i want is from the tv to the sound bar and its says to set the audio to pcm

OK then f you do have the fortune to have a tv that will give you the choice then by default it will be PCM and nothing else

Your tv and especially your cable tv provider wont give you a dolby surround sound believe me , the best you will get is a 2 channels (not even stereo sound) signal

i don't do any setting. i guess I will take the bar back to Best Buy and see what I can do, thanks for you time.
I paid the $5 free trial and do not want to subscribe to anything else.

LOL , another 5 bucks free trial , happy new year