TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I am trying to hook up a sound bar my children got me -

Customer Question
Hi - I am...

Hi - I am trying to hook up a sound bar my children got me - Vizio - I wanted to get a Samsung after Christmas...

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

It is set up but after a while we get a static noise (no Volume) and we have to unplug it to get rid of it. I did talk to Vizio and they said we should turn off the sound but I can't find where to turn it off.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/29/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Let's back up a bit and start with some basics so i can tell you what needs to be done.

1) What's the model number of the soundbar?

2) What's the model number off of the back of your TV?

3) What cables are you using to connect the two (RCA, optical, HDMI, etc.)?

Please view my reply and send one back to proceed.

The buzz tells me something, and I can help you- but I need the info requested on this page. Note that the site will send you a phone call offer- that is NOT from me. It is sent without my consent and I am not available by phone. To see MY REPLY, "X" out of the offer and view the page that we have been typing on. Also note that any offers for subscriptions or promotions are NOT something I am privy to. I am an independent tech and am only paid with a positive rating for my service.