TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Is there any way to get new apps on my 32” Visio TV? I would…

Customer Question
Is there any way...

Is there any way to get new apps on my 32” Visio TV? I would like to download the Spectrum app, the TV is about 4-5 years old...

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

I’m running a Apple i pad just got it for Christmas so it should be the newest one on market...

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Visio?

I’ve never done it before, can you walk me through it??

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No that’s it as far as I know...

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
12/29/2017
TV Technician: ISP Cable Support, Customer Service replied 1 month ago
ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support, Customer Service

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

If this is your first time here, I would like to go over a few things:

• If you see an offer for a phone call or remote support, you are welcome to accept it or you can disregard it. Just click on the X and we can resume the conversation.

• Some issues or questions may not have the solution requested. Some issues or concerns may not be resolvable. I will try to explain this ahead of time if I foresee it is a question I cannot answer.

• Some issues may require additional equipment or hardware before we can continue.

• Make sure to bookmark this page. There should be email alerts in your inbox as well with the link back to this page if you were to step away. If you respond when I am not online such as outside of my normal business hours, I will respond as soon as I can.

• If you are prompted to rate me, you can do so by choosing the appropriate amount of stars in the top right and that is all. It cost you nothing further and helps me receive credit for helping you. By rating me (hopefully 5 stars!), it also helps me stay locked to your question so I can continue to assist you in cases where you may have to walk away for a few hours or days and need to report back the findings.

I look forward to working with you today!

Hello!! Could you provide me the model number of your TV found on the backside or if you have the manual? I need to find out what apps you can download with this TV as some are limited in their abilities.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
E320i-B0

Thank you. One moment.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do not call... Model # E320i-B

Please disregard that. Just click the X. I try to warn ahead of time in my opening that it will ask.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not want the call me, we can do this via text

Sorry about that wait. I have an answer for you. Unfortunately, it is not available on that Brand/Model. Here is the current list that is accepted:

The new Spectrum TV app is available on the following platforms:

• Apple devices using iOS 8.0+
  • Devices using Android OS 4.0+
  • Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HDX (excluding 1st generation Kindle)
  • All Roku players and TVs (excluding 1st generation Roku devices)
  • Xbox One
  • Samsung Smart TV (2012-2016 models)

Yes, I only want to work with you here. I don't want to call. It's just the site advertising that. I wish it wouldn't do that.

You can get the app if you were to purchase a Roku player or an Apple TV device.

Would you like a link for that product?

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would be happy to help provide any clarification or further details you may need. If you do not need any further help, just as a reminder before you go, please give me a quick rating at the top right. Hopefully I have earned 5 stars today! This helps me receive credit for helping you today. It also keeps me locked to your question if you want to follow up with me again. Have a great rest of your day!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well it looks lik I’m not satisfied withthis, so will I be refunded my money because the app it not available do to nothing I have done??

We can get you the app, but it is not available on the device you requested. There is no way to over ride this. I would be happy to provide you a solution. We can find you a Roku device to attach to your TV. And I can help you set that up once you get one.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’ve already have a roku television in another room, I’ve also have a 47” Visio TV that the screen stay black on.... I get sound but no Picture...

Wow, sounds like you are have a major issue with that 47' TV. Would you like to troubleshoot it to see what would need to be done to fix it?

On your Roku TV, you should be able to get this app. I bet you already have got it which is why you were asking about this non roku tv.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Whats involved it’s not even plugged up it just sit and collects dust ...
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
you are correct I do have the spectrum app on the roku television ...

Well, we do have a few steps to try. I will tell you that when a TV has no picture, it's going to be one of two things. It's either how it is connected or something internal has gone bad. If you would like to troubleshoot, we don't need any cable hooked up. What we want to see is when we turn it on, if you can any words like "Video 1" or a snowy picture.

If we can get at least that, your TV is working and it was probably a connection error.

If you hear static (snow) but no picture, then we have an issue. If you can get the model number of that TV, I can also look into it to see what a fix might be. If you're interested in fixing it yourself, I can provide the parts you'd need.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can do hat but I’m sure you can’t get anything “just a black screen”

Worth a shot. I don't mind working with you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When the screen first comes up you get the colored lines going up and down then the screen turns black...
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The 47” tv is still on waiting on you...

Oh that does sound like a hardware issue then. What is the model number of your 47'?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Model# *****

Thank you. Looking into it now.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I’m here

Still looking at a few more things. Do you know how or when this happened? During a storm or anything?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No storm, it done it one time and after a few minutes it came on and worked for about 2 month.. The next time it done it it just stayed on black screen and never returned to a pitcher..

Okay, I have just pulled up some information on this model and the symptoms you've explained. Since it was left off for a period of time, there's not more we can do for rebooting and what not. What it sounds like is the backlights have gone out and a repair shop won't touch those because of the time and hassle with them. Typically, it would be cheaper to buy a new TV than to repair this one. So you've got you a nice paperweight.

I was looking into other reported issues with this model, and a lot of people have had this exact issue. I think it is a poor design honestly from Vizio. Sometimes, these TVs have easy to replace boards and are cheaper to fix for a few bucks then having to spend money to replace them. But it doesn't look like this one is repairable. I do wonder if it is a manufacturer warranty type issue due to how many complains I see on this. To try and see if they can repair it for you or replace it (try to see if you can call it a mfg issue), give Vizio a call at 1(###) ###-####

Keep me updated and let me know if they are willing to replace it for you. I want to see if we can get you a new working TV.

--

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m placing the call now stand by

Ok

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There is a warranty, this is a 42” not 47... So the 42 inch carry’s the warranty, but this tv came from Wal-Mart in 2013 so it is not covered.. like you said I’ve got a paperweight...
Thank you for your time and help have a good New Years...

You too!! Sorry to hear that you didn't get that one resolved. I hate to keep asking but do you mind giving me a rating before you head out? It's the only way I receive credit helping you today.

ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support, Customer Service