TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Just purchased a new Samsung Galaxy S8, I set a PIN and now…

Customer Question
Just purchased a new...

Just purchased a new Samsung Galaxy S8, I set a PIN and now I cant remember my PIN - I have talked with Samsung and the provider that I purchased my phone from and they all say there is nothing that can be done

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change the password ***** passcode to your Galaxy?

This was the first time that I set it - -- I just purchased

Technician's Assistant: Is there a Gmail address linked to your device?

Yes I can make it ring and I can find it on the google map

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

But its sitting in front of me - and I just cant get in ;(

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
12/29/2017
TV Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 7 months ago
Karthik Nagarajan

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

TV Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 7 months ago

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Do you have any backup of your Phone in SD card or Computer? The reason why I am asking is we can go ahead and try doing reset on the Phone which will erase all the data and the password. If you have a backup, we can restore the data and contact back to your Phone.

Unfortunately there was no back up done. i just purchase set password ***** to write it done and now I cant get in
TV Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 7 months ago

Is it Okay if I go ahead do a hard reset on the phone? Note: Hardreset will erase all the data including the password.

I guess you are not understanding - I dont want to loose all my data on my phone - THis has not been backed upIs there anyway to release my pin without loosing all my data
TV Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 7 months ago

In this case I will opt-out and allow another expert to take over. Other experts will be able to see this question and the conversation which you had with me and they will be providing you a proper solution. Thank you for your patience.

TV Technician: Chris Lindsey, Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris Lindsey
Chris Lindsey, Technician

Good evening, my name is ***** ***** I am your Professional Electronics Technician Expert.

Since the security protocols that was built into the phone, the only way to reset it is if you have a Google account linked with your phone, which you can then manually reset the pin remotely to get access back to your phone.

Do you have a Google account linked with your S8?

I do have a google account linked to the phone - I can "find my phone" make it ring" is there anyway to reset the pin from Google without resetting and loosing all the data

There is two ways:

1. Start off by registering your Galaxy S8 smartphone with Samsung.
  2. Utilize the Find My Android (Mobile) system to reset your phone’s password *****
  3. Use the temporary password ***** bypass the screen lock.
  4. Complete the process by setting a new password.

Access Android Device Manager from a computer:

1. On the computer monitor, find the Galaxy S8.
  2. Activate the Lock & Erase feature
  3. Follow the steps the follow as prompted on the page so as to lock your smartphone.
  4. Set a new temporary password ***** your Galaxy S8
  5. Key in the temporary password ***** set
  6. Complete the process by setting up a new password

The link I just sent you is the only way through Google.