TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I can not get the sound to work on my sennheiser head set.

Customer Question
I can not get...

I can not get the sound to work on my sennheiser head set

Technician's Assistant: What is your Sennheiser connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?

It hook to my tv

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?

No not yet

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

The green light goes on and off

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/29/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 6 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you tell me the model of the tv and where specifically it is connected on the tv?

Samsung tv and I plug it in to the two audio ports

I need complete and specific details, please.

What is the actual model number of the tv?
Do you mean the red/white ports?

red and white ports, model number is *****

Thank you.

Those ports will not work. These are inputs, not outputs.

This is actually the case for all modern tvs. It can be done, but some additional equipment is required.

The reason for this is that all modern tv's are digital, and because of copyrights and digital rights management/copy protection, so tv's cannot have any analog outputs, which is what a headphone jack would be.

The way around this is to use the Digital Audio Out port on the back of the tv. This is a square type port with a little flap/door over it and a red light inside. You connect a fiber optical cable to it. You'll need to purchase a digital to analog converter: http://amzn.to/1VhPiQx . This will convert the optical connection to an analog stereo connection (red/white rca ports). To that, you can then connect rca cables to the base unit for a wireless headphone transmitter.

Best regards,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.