TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My tv has lost all color, it is now black and. I think. Tv…

Customer Question
My tv has lost...

My tv has lost all color, it is now black and white

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Yes, i think

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Tv is 14 years, has great until now

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/29/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Model Number off the back of the TV please?

Also, what's connected to it- what are you viewing (example: cable box, DVD, etc.)??

51f500 cablebox

Thank you. Do you have the original Hitachi remote nearby, and if so- if you pull up the set's MENU- is the MENU also in black and white?

Hello are you still there??

hang onnn,,,,,...no change with menu, it did nothing
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 6 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** Aric had to leave, so you pressed the menu button of the sets OWN remote control is the menu in black and white?or is it normal please?these are tests we need to do ,I am not referring to what the menu does JUST is the menu normal or black and white?

Do you understand my request please?if not just let me know thanks