TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Just received a new visio e43-e2 43" ,it seems as if the…

Customer Question
Just received a new...

Just received a new visio e43-e2 43" ,it seems as if the channels we like watching old westerns and other classic shows ex. carol burnett , are not coming in as clearly as old lcd tv? ive tried tuning menue options but doesn't clear up? is there anything I can do to get the best picture quality?

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your E43-E2?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
12/29/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 month ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

How do you receive channels on this set?

1) Antenna

2) Cable Box

3) direct coaxial cable from wall (no box)?

How do you receive channels on this set?1) Antenna2) Cable Box3) direct coaxial cable from wall (no box)?

Are you there and do you need assistance with this?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the hd channels come in clear but we don't have a lot of them on dish,only the free ones. my question is are the dated shows just not going to be clear no matter how the tv is tuned with menu options? I just need to know,i didn't want to miss anything if there is a way to get clearer picture for older shows -shows made in the 50s and 60s.
TV Technician: ISP Cable Support, Customer Service replied 1 month ago
ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support, Customer Service

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

It looks like Aric had opted out. I am stepping in to help resolve your question. So it looks like you are seeing not so clear picture on the older shows made in the 50/60s. Give me just a moment to pull up information on your TV to see if there are any settings that are missed.

Okay, I am back. It appears with the TV you've purchased I can see why you are having issues with the quality. This is the number one complaint on this model TV. I bet your older TV had better internal components than this new one which is why you are seeing a difference.

I do see the price point on this TV. I wondered if you would be interested in trying a different TV since this one wasn't up to your specs. I can provide a suggestion for you.

https://www.amazon.com/TCL-55S405-55-Inch-Ultra-Smart/dp/B01N29XPO3?th=1

This TV would have a better picture. Without knowing your old TV model, I cannot compare with that, only your new one.

The better line is this TV:

https://www.amazon.com/TCL-55P607-55-Inch-Ultra-Smart/dp/B06Y6FSV5Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1514576629&sr=1-1&keywords=tcl+p+series

It's the TCL-P series.

So to answer your question, I'm sorry to say there is no way to fix the picture on that TV as it is made that way. Let me know if you have any other questions!

ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support, Customer Service