TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Antenna will not turn can it be greased ive had it for

antenna will not...

antenna will not turn can it be greased ive had it for several years and not used it

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Samsung 2000

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No problem with sourse

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

I havnt had it hooked up sor 5 years i feel like the motor is froze up

12/29/2017
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Yes you can apply some grease to the moving parts of the antenna to help free it up.

You can also apply some spray oil which should penetrate in and help remove any corrosion that has built up.

You may need to help persuade the antenna to move by gently turning it with your hand as the motor kicks in.

--------------------

Happy New Year!

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)

You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.

Pete.

--------------------

Thanks I'll try t b this

Let me know if you need anything else at all and I'll be happy to help :)

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page.

Pete.

Pete, Electronic Engineer