TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Trying to mount my new VIZIO 39 inch tv to an existing wall…

Customer Question
Trying to mount my...

Trying to mount my new VIZIO 39 inch tv to an existing wall mount I have and I am not certain of the metric size bolt that fits into the back of the tv

Technician's Assistant: How old is your 39?

Just purchased it from target it is the d series

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Not certain I understand your question. I'm talking about the four bolt holes on the back of the television that bolt to the wall mount.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 39? What happened right before this?

I don't think we are on the same page. I just purchased the Vizio D39HN tv from target for a christmas present. I have an existing tv wall mount on which our old tv was mounted. I need to know what size bolt to use to screw into the back of the Vizio tv to fasten the tv to the wall mount. there are four bolts, all metric.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
12/29/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 month ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Model Number off the back of the Vizio please??

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
D39HN

Thanks- taking a look now. Keep in mind the site will send a phone call offer- I have no control over those offers and am not available by phone. Simply X out of the offer and stay on the page we have been typing on. I'll be right back.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I believe it is an M4 but I do not know the pitch nor do I know the length.

Well the length depends oh whether or not you use spacers and also how thick the wall mount metal is, but a rule of thumb is you want 1/2" of thread to go into the aluminum female threads on the TV itself. Please standby.

Sorry, Vizio posts nothing about the VESA mount specs, so I will have to opt out unfortunately.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. Thanks anyway.
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 1 month ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No. Thank you.
Louie, Technician