TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My tv went out and it had a black line on the left side

Customer Question
Hi my tv went...

Hi my tv went out and it had a black line on the left side before it went out

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Im getting the make and model number now

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

Vizio vw42l hdtv10a

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing it just went out. it it had a black line on the left for four months. is this worth fixiing

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/29/2017
TV Technician: ISP Cable Support, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support, Customer Service

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

If this is your first time here, I would like to go over a few things:

• If you see an offer for a phone call or remote support, you are welcome to accept it or you can disregard it. Just click on the X and we can resume the conversation.

• Some issues or questions may not have the solution requested. Some issues or concerns may not be resolvable. I will try to explain this ahead of time if I foresee it is a question I cannot answer.

• Some issues may require additional equipment or hardware before we can continue.

• Make sure to bookmark this page. There should be email alerts in your inbox as well with the link back to this page if you were to step away. If you respond when I am not online such as outside of my normal business hours, I will respond as soon as I can.

• If you are prompted to rate me, you can do so by choosing the appropriate amount of stars in the top right and that is all. It cost you nothing further and helps me receive credit for helping you. By rating me (hopefully 5 stars!), it also helps me stay locked to your question so I can continue to assist you in cases where you may have to walk away for a few hours or days and need to report back the findings.

I look forward to working with you today!

I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue with your TV. The site won't show I am typing you a reply but I am going to research this model and see any fixes to try.

please contact me at(###) ###-####

It does sound like one of the boards finally went out. As just a simple test to try and see, have you or can you unplug the TV from the wall/surge protector/battery backup for 60 seconds and while it is unplugged, hold down the power button for 60 seconds as well. Then let go and plug it back into the power.

To work with me directly, it's included in the original question price. But it does cost more for a phone call if you opt for that option. We may be able to save you some money if you can work with me on here without the phone call. But if you'd like, I can send you the offer if you prefer that.

nevermind i will replace the tv and please cancel my subscription thank you!!

I wish I could have helped you. I'm sorry about not being able to call you though. I can make sure you are not in any subscription.

If you need any help setting up the new TV, you can always come back to this question. I'd be happy to help.

I know I didn't get to help you with anything. But do you mind giving me a quick rating in the top right. If it's anything less that 3 stars, before you rate me, please let me know how I can help you.