TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I need to replace the bulb oil a Vivitek projector model #

Customer Question
I need to replace...

I need to replace the bulb oil a Vivitek projector model # DW6535. I googled and couldn't find that particular projector. I found the DW6035 which is probably the same basic change except for that when I took the cover off the 6536 there were two bulbs. Is one of them a replacement or will this projector actually require two bulbs?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your DW6535?

3 1/2 to 4 years

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

This is at a church and the projector is receiving its signal from the computer.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your DW6535? What happened right before this?

Well, I have only been employed here since October. We have two of these, one on each side of the room and everything he's worked fine the whole time I have been here. The pastor did say that the bulbs are needing to be replaced and there was a white patch in the middle of the screen which may indicate that fact. As far as the week to week operation, nothing out ob the ordinary.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Is there a filter that needs to be cleaned on this particular model and if so, how do i get to it?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/29/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 6 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

The DW6535 is a dual lamp projector, so both lamps are required.

However it can work with just one lamp.

Both lamps are required to display larger/brighter images beyond what a single lamp can normally produce.

It will automatically switch to just using a single lamp if one of the lamps goes out, ensuring usage without any interruptions, although it will appear darker.

--------------------

Happy New Year!

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)

You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.

Pete.

--------------------