TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

After it's been on for 5 min or so the screen goes blank.

Customer Question
After it's been on...

After it's been on for 5 min or so the screen goes blank. The sound stay on for another 20-30 seconds then it goes off as well. It is about 10 years old.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

It is connected to DircTV if that's what you mean. And there is an old DVD/VCR player connected to it.

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No. Not that I am aware of.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Several years ago we replaced a part for the internal projection that was going out. I believe it was about $100 and it has worked beautifully ever since.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/29/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Can you please get me the full model number off of the back of your TV?

Are you there and do you need assistance with this?