TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Moved the TV angle on entertinment unit and the TV stopped…

Customer Question
Moved the TV angle...

Moved the TV angle on entertinment unit and the TV stopped working. I cannot get power to it at all. Have taken out all plugs and reinstalled them but nada.

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Cannot think of anything

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/29/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off the back of this TV???

Do you need assistance with the question you posted?

Serial Number KLV 32S55OAYes I cannot get power to TV at all.

Thank you for the reply. So there is not even a power light lit on the TV?

Hello?

In other words, the TV appears as if it were unplugged- no power light, nothing, correct??

I'm unsure why you're unable to reply, so based on what you've told me so far I will assume there are NO signs of life and the TV appears dead. This generally points to a power supply failure in the set- and can require repairs be made.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

That is correct...it was going perfectly..I moved the angle of viewing on the tv unit..it stopped and has never gone again.

Thank you.

This generally points to a power supply failure in the set- and can require repairs be made.

Just to be certain..the power plug is the three pin plug near the red, white and yellow things.

Correct, it's the one that plugs into the electrical outlet in the wall.

Were you able to try those steps, and did you get any response from the TV at all?

I am uncertain which is the power switch on the TV set..I imagined it was the one on the left but there are only symbols..I never use them. I have tried as suggested using left hand one..but nothing happened

Okay, so to confirm- you unplugged the TV's power cord completely, plugged it back in- and confirmed the outlet was good/cord was tight, and there's still no sign of the power light? Can you please check the tightness of the power cord at the back of the TV as well? Then try using the remote to turn it on. Let me know what happens.

I also put all plugs onto the surge strip in order to see if the actual wall socket was at fault.
Please tell me about the cord that is on the right hand side looking at the screen from front on that appears to be fixed into the set. Does that one come out? I have not got that one out.

I can't identify what cord you mean by a description. If you're unsure what it is then upload a photo so I can see what you're seeing.

Follow that cord you're referring to and see where it ends up. I'm assuming you mean the power cord.

How does it come out..is it like a phone cable end tht you pinch or something. I have tried to get it out but it won't budge, so i thought it had to remain there. It is not like a USB end or a three pin plug.

I don't even know what cord you mean, and will opt out at this point.

How do I upload a photo of the back of the TV
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I cannot switch to a phone call as I live in New zealand. Yes I still need help. I have been to a TV shop and I believe the power is hard wired into the TV set. The ones i looked at in the store were cables that had plugs into the TV with a round end. Mine does not have one like that.
Because i cannot take the power plug out of the set I cannot try to reset it as the former helper suggested. I have tried wiggling it, pushing it in and out etc. nothing happens. It is very odd as the TV was going perfectly but I simply swung it gently round a fraction to see the screen better from my angle at the computer..not even 45 degrees..slid it on its base not lifted it and it simply stopped and the red light will not even come on. I will have to buy another today if I cannot fix it as I run a homestay business and no doubt guests nwill be clamouring.

Unfortunately, the power issue will require an on-site technician to take a look so you would need to hire someone locally or you can buy a new TV if you need something immediately.