TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Having problems connecting my WiFi. Called cable and 2 guys…

Customer Question
Having problems connecting...

Having problems connecting my WiFi. Called cable and 2 guys came and said it was s TV problem since my cell phone browser and tablet are working

Technician's Assistant: Is there a particular streaming service you're trying to connect to (e.g. Netflix or YouTube)?

Yes Netflix and my Amazon D

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

WiFi for TV went down in middle of watching Netflix and can't get my Amazon Stick. Cable says it's a TV problem

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/29/2017
TV Technician: Jason Jones, Customer Service replied 1 month ago
Jason Jones, Customer Service

I look forward to helping you today. It's no surprise that the cable people scapegoated the problem onto the TV.

May I ask for the brand and model name of your wireless router or your wireless modem?

Once I have the above requested information, I will be able to give you the correct answer.

I look forward to your response,
Jason

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Wireless modem Arris
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok

Thank you for the update. I see that you requested a phone call. I don't think a phone call will help much. Instead, may I remotely connect to your computer so that I can analyze your network and better help you?

Thank you. Let's begin the remote help session now.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 87
- And then click the circle button to start the remote application.
(After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.)

It appears that you are trying to run the remote application on a phone or tablet. You must run it on a computer. Do you have a computer that you an use to run it on?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Comes back Web page not available

What comes back as web page not available? Did you go to a computer and follow those instructions? To which page did you go to?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No computer at moment sorry to take up your time. Sigh

No worries. Do you want to continue when you do have a computer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No just defeated. Be well

Thank you. I understand that you wish to speak with someone on the phone. I cannot do that right now.

I have run out of ideas.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 1 month ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Louie, Technician