TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

The sound goes from medium to loud to very loud to medium.

Customer Question
The sound goes...

The sound goes from medium to loud to very loud to medium

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

As far as I know, can you tell me how to identify the right sockets?

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

HDMI

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, I purchased the TV in 2016 and it is a 75" Samsung and have used 3 different sound bars and the sound is still not working properly

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
12/29/2017
TV Technician: ISP Cable Support, Customer Service replied 1 month ago
ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support, Customer Service

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

If this is your first time here, I would like to go over a few things:

• If you see an offer for a phone call or remote support, you are welcome to accept it or you can disregard it. Just click on the X and we can resume the conversation.

• Some issues or questions may not have the solution requested. Some issues or concerns may not be resolvable. I will try to explain this ahead of time if I foresee it is a question I cannot answer.

• Some issues may require additional equipment or hardware before we can continue.

• Make sure to bookmark this page. There should be email alerts in your inbox as well with the link back to this page if you were to step away. If you respond when I am not online such as outside of my normal business hours, I will respond as soon as I can.

• If you are prompted to rate me, you can do so by choosing the appropriate amount of stars in the top right and that is all. It cost you nothing further and helps me receive credit for helping you. By rating me (hopefully 5 stars!), it also helps me stay locked to your question so I can continue to assist you in cases where you may have to walk away for a few hours or days and need to report back the findings.

I look forward to working with you today!

Good morning! I just wanted to verify a few settings really quick before we begin. I have to visualize the setup in my head.

I understand you have a 75" TV. I assume you have one of the 3 sound bars hooked up. How do you currently have everything setup?

Are you using a receiver? An optical audio cable?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the sound bar s have been disconnected

So does this sound issue happen only when watching from your cable box? Do you have a cable box or do you have a cable from the wall straight to your tv?

Does it happen when say you play a DVD/Blu-Ray?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not near my TV
Will by near New Year's Day
Will be in touch

Great! In the meantime, do you mind helping me stay locked to your question? Give me a quick rating at the top right (hopefully 5 stars!). It still keeps this question active for us to work.

In the meantime, I can give you some steps to try so when you get back you'll have something to try if I am not online. Just let me know your cable provider and there is a step in the box that we'll need to adjust.

Louie, Technician