TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Samsung 65" smart tv about 1 year old. In the

Customer Question
I have a Samsung...

I have a Samsung 65" smart tv about 1 year old. In the middle of watching a program last night, it simply went black, the began to flash on and off from a blank grey screen to black. It would not respond to the remote. The only way to turn it off was to unplug. When plugged back in, it repeated the flashing grey screen to black....

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Samsung TV?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Yes

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
12/29/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 6 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Is the tv currently covered by the one year Samsung warranty OR an extended warranty?

Are you having website difficulties preventing you from replying?

It is covered by Costco’ 2 yr warranty, the Samsung warranty is expired

Call Costco, if you have unplugged the tv power cord for a few minutes - the tv needs repair.