TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have Hitachi plasma 42hdf52 with out HDMI port,what

Customer Question
I have Hitachi plasma...

I have Hitachi plasma 42hdf52 with out HDMI port,what converter do I use for streaming stick and how to connect to tv

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

I have Hitachi plasma TV 42hdf52 without a HDMI port,what converter do I use for a streaming stick and how to connect it to the TV.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your media player?

The Hitachi plasma TV 42hdf52 was built in may 2005 and I haven't connected any converter or streaming stick yet ,what model converter should I use for a fire stick and how to connect it to the TV

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
12/29/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 3 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

The short answer is that this simply is not going to work.

There is no converter that will reliably work for this. You'll notice when looking at converters that they are all from generic no name chinese import companies. There is not a single reputable name brand manufacturer that sells these, for the simple reason that they are essentially illegal as they attempt to circumvent copy protection protocols. What you'll find is that with any converter it will work to access the menus and home screens but when you try to actually play back content (show/movie) you'll just get a blank screen.

What I would recommend instead is going with a roku express plus model, which has a native analog (red/white/yellow) composite video output, which is directly compatible with your old tv. This will get you the content you want, at minimal expense, without the need for a converter that ultimately would not work well anyway. You can pick one of those up here: http://amzn.to/2DuA33Y

Best regards,

Nathan, Installer