TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a new 5300 with video/audio convtrer connected to…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new 5300 with video/audio convtrer connected to cordless headphones. what steps do i need to take to get the phones working

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

Insignia

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your phone system? What have you tried so far?

All these are brand new and never worked

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
12/29/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 month ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the full model number off of the back of the TV?

What is the brand and model of the converter?

What is the full model number of those headphones?

All of this info is needed so I can tell you how to connect it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
tv model #un40m5300mf

I'm not sending that phone call offer and I'm not available by phone. Please respond back with ALL OF THE INFO REQUESTED so we can sort this.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
T.V un40M5300MF Converter:-insignia NS-HZ313 Head Phones Insignia:- NSWHP314

You first need to connect an optical cable to the TV and to the converter, and then run a set of RCA cables to the headphone base. Then use the original TV remote, go into MENU and find the options for sound/audio then go and shut the TV's speakers off. Let me know what happens.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I turbned off the speakers only by transfering the on indicator to audio/optical. the ear phones are searchiong but i get nothiong
I'm not sure what you mean by the on indicator. In the TV menu did you select external sound system and did the TV soakers shut off? Also the headphones searching and getting nothing would mean they are not pairing to their transmitter.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When the speaker is on the indicator is a series of comopact blue lines undulating. these went off when I opted for the visual/audio option and I lost all sound but the undulating lines showed by the vision audio sign. My old sony TV and headphones needed none of this.
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 1 month ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have received no solution to my problem so far. Maybe Aric is unfamiliar with the new 5300
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the TV output is set to video/audio the co.ax cable connected to converter and headphones connected. This being all that should be needed and getting no audio from headphones I must assume the converter is defective.I was able to use the headphones one evening for abiout an hour then shut the TV down leaving all setting as they were. since then I gor nothing. AM I BUYING THE WRONG EQUIPMENT/

coaxial cable is going from the converter to the headphones? Did you mistype that?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry;- the coax is connected from TV to converter. Red and yellow cables connect converter to headphones. My suspition is that I have a defective converter. I expect there is no way of testing it . Just buy another and hope
Harry, Customer Service