TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Just got new 43 inch Auqua 4k HD Tv. I always have to search…

Customer Question
Just got new 43...

Just got new 43 inch Auqua 4k HD Tv. I always have to search through HDMI plug in from cable box and get it going on HDMI no 4. Turn TV off it always says no signal. Then tells me to settings, channel, automatic search. This does not work. help me.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Sharp aqua 43 inch smart tv (not so smart). LC43n7002u 4K UHD

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

TV menu works ok except for scan of channels

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Sharp? What happened right before this?

Brand new TV yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Does it matter which HDMI plug in? It always goes to a different one on start up and says no signal.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
12/29/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 3 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this

Why HDMI 4 , why not HDMI 1 ?

Have you tried that ?

Also , make sure the cable box is on when you turn on the tv otherwise it will not see any hdmi components and default to TV input

Just leave the cable box on , it does not take any more energy and that should fix the problem

Let me know how that goes and PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE my answer positively (use the stars at the top of your page and SUBMIT to rate) if that answers your question / does the trick as it is the only way i get paid for helping you

makes no difference . It says does not matter which HDMI you use.

OK but is the cable box ON when you turn on the tv ?

cable box on. for some reason the automatic scan does not worrk and is greyed out, yet menu always refers to automatic scan

You have to be in tv mode and connected to an antenna for that

Totally redundant here

Set the tv to TV input and go through that channel scan , it won`t find anything but perhaps it will stop asking for it ?

I can get TV full operation on HDMI no 4 : of course it is on TV mode and scan still won't work. Its the start that is the problem It always says no signal...use scan . I go to impu and to HDMI 4 and TV works fine, Its an awkward way to operate the TV

yes but did you go through the scan ??

Set the tv to tv mode (with channel number on the screen ) open the menu and go to CHANNEL and start a scan

It wont find anything but it may stop pestering you about it

It wont scan no matter what I do. Cable box on , tv mode on cable 4 TV works , Other cable settings thru imput, stil no scan.

What do you see on the screen when you try to scan ?

Do you have a picture and sound in the background ?

I go to menu/settings/channel/ the automatic scan is there but greyed out and unresponsive. I can click on each HDMI plug in ---there are 7 or 8.. which is a manual scan. when I get to no 4 my Tv screen goes to full operation. But when I start the Tv it always says no1 and no signal /use automatic scan until I go manually to no4 where the signal from cable box actually is.

If the scan is grayed out then you are NOT in tv mode

When you press the INPUT button , tell me the choices you have on screen

Then how could I get the entire menu if not in TV mode. I should press the tv button on the remote then try?
I will try that.
Thank you for your help. Im going to change the physical plug in of the imput one by one until I get a positive result

OK then let me know how that goes

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician